I dreamed about my dad again last night. He took me suit and car shopping said I needed them both. Haven’t a clue why he said I needed them, but I went along with it. It was nice to be spoiled. He left mid dream though, as I realized he was in fact dead. So there wasn’t much going on after that in the dream. I wish I could figure out what’s going on with those kinds of dreams. I guess it’s whatever , but I really want to know what that whatever is meant to be. Is it a warning? A sign? I don’t know. It’s something, that’s for sure. I hope it’s nothing bad, because I don’t think I could handle or deal with that right now. I don’t want to deal with such a thought process. That would suck, and I’m already thinking about it. GAH!
So, I added the following to my vimrc:
" Change Leader Key to a comma, that '\' is so hard to reach
let mapleader = ","
" Set the maximum width of text to 80 characters
set textwidth=80
" Optional visual indicator for the 80th column
set colorcolumn=80
" Show line numbers
set number
" File type detection, plugins, and smart indentation
filetype plugin indent on
" formatoptions settings:
" t: Auto-wrap text using textwidth
" c: Auto-wrap comments using textwidth
" q: Allow formatting of comments with "gq"
set formatoptions+=tcq
" Tabs and Spaces Setup
set expandtab " Use spaces instead of tabs
set tabstop=4 " Number of spaces that a tab counts for
set shiftwidth=4 " Number of spaces to use for each step of autoindent
set softtabstop=4 " Number of spaces that a tab counts for while editing
" Enable syntax highlighting
syntax enable
" Always show the status line
set laststatus=2
" Define the format (File path, Modified flag, Type, Line/Col, Percentage)
set statusline=%f\ %m\ %y\ %=%l:%c\ %p%%
set statusline+=\ %{wordcount().words}\ words
" Enable spell check
set spell
" Spell check look and feel
hi clear SpellBad
hi SpellBad cterm=underline ctermfg=red ctermbg=NONE
hi SpellBad gui=undercurl
" ==============================================================================
" KEY MAPPINGS
" ==============================================================================
" Insert date with comment tag in INSERT mode
inoremap <C-d> <C-R>=strftime("# %a %b %d %I:%M:%S %p %Z %Y")<CR>
" Save file with Ctrl+S in INSERT mode
inoremap <C-s> <Esc>:w<CR>a
" Comment out a line of code with //
nnoremap <Leader>/ I// <Esc>
" Uncomment a single line in NORMAL mode
nnoremap <Leader>u :s/^\/\/ //e<CR>
" ==============================================================================
" LANGUAGE SPECIFIC SETTINGS & ABBREVIATIONS
" ==============================================================================
" Java specific rules
augroup java_settings
autocmd!
" Turn on C-indenting ONLY for Java files
autocmd FileType java setlocal cindent
autocmd FileType java iabbrev <buffer> pvm public static void main(String[] args) {<CR>}<Esc>O
" Auto-close curly braces and drop to a new line
autocmd FileType java inoremap {<CR> {<CR>}<Esc>O
augroup END
" Perl specific rules
augroup perl_settings
autocmd!
" Perl Header Template
autocmd FileType perl iabbrev <buffer> perlheader #!/usr/bin/perl<CR>use strict;<CR>use warnings;<CR><CR>
" Perl MySQL Connection Template (with safety paste toggle)
autocmd FileType perl iabbrev <buffer> dbconnect <C-O>:set paste<CR>use DBI;<CR><CR>my $dsn = "DBI:mysql:database=dbname;host=localhost";<CR>my $user = "username";<CR>my $password = "password";<CR><CR>my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $password, { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 1 })<CR>or die "Connection failed: " . DBI->errstr;<CR><C-O>:set nopaste<CR>
augroup END
Comments
Post a Comment