Skip to main content

If I Could Reach The Sky

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you could reach the sky? Yeah I do at times. We know what happened to Icarus when he flew too close to the Sun. His wings made of wax melted and he fell to the Earth. Now this of course is Greek Mythology, I’m not sure how much of it is real. If the myth is real, then man cannot fly that close to the Sun without getting burned. If it is indeed just a myth and not real, then there is nothing to worry about. I fear that some of us try to do things that we are not in control over our lives or destiny, that’s what it feels like at times. But what are we meant to think of that? I’m not sure. Whatever the case, Icarus tried and failed. But the thing to remember? He tried. If we try without worrying about what others think about us, we can tend to achieve amazing things. I hear you, “But Icarus failed!” Yes, he did fail but he tried. Isn’t it more important to try than to fail? Failure doesn’t have to be a bad thing, it can simply be a learning exper...

Wrapped Up Tight

 I'm wrapped up in a blanket, and it feels great. I love a good blanket. There's nothing wrong with that. It feels so secure and warm to be able to snuggle up in one. Helps me to think better too, I think. There's not much room for warmth these days. I don't know what it is about basements, but they get chilly. Interesting how that works. Probably because they're lower in the ground usually. I like basements though, they feel warm and cozy to me. Something that I can deal with when life is too rough on my mind.

Still wish I could turn back time. But I can't and that's frustrating to me. There has to be a way to fix things. Somehow things must be fixed. But I can't seem to find a way. So that theory is shot all to hell and back now isn't it. No point in pursuing that train of thought. There are so many thoughts that need to just get thrown out and never thought about again. But I'm not sure how any of that even works. I just have to remember who I am and what I'm capable of. Or something like that.

Life seems to be playing tricks on me. I don't like it. There's got to be a way to overcome this nightmare of a life. Once you put the rocking chair in a locked position, you can no longer rock. I don't want life to end up the same way. Life is pretty messed up as it is, it doesn't need my help to get any messier.

So sleepy. That's what I get for waking up at 4:30 FOR THE FOURTH DAY IN A ROW!!! Yeah, it's pretty bad if you ask me. Usually, I'll wake up from some dream I'm having or something like that. It just jerks me awake and then I'm awake for the day. Kinda simple right? Yeah maybe. Maybe not, it's something to look into for sure. I'm not getting my usual number of hours of sleep. Should I be worried about that? I don't have a clue.

There should be an off switch for our brains. Something that you can switch on, and you don't overthink or hear voices or feel weird or anything. That would be ideal. But it would probably be abused and overused to the point of people going crazy. There's always a downside to something. Can't ever have all the upsides to any of it. Oh well, you live and let live.

The tiredness is starting to catch up with me from waking up early. I should probably take a nap or something. Wake up when I'm more alert perhaps. Eh who knows what's going on anymore. It's just life being weird to me. I don't need that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...