Skip to main content

If I Could Reach The Sky

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you could reach the sky? Yeah I do at times. We know what happened to Icarus when he flew too close to the Sun. His wings made of wax melted and he fell to the Earth. Now this of course is Greek Mythology, I’m not sure how much of it is real. If the myth is real, then man cannot fly that close to the Sun without getting burned. If it is indeed just a myth and not real, then there is nothing to worry about. I fear that some of us try to do things that we are not in control over our lives or destiny, that’s what it feels like at times. But what are we meant to think of that? I’m not sure. Whatever the case, Icarus tried and failed. But the thing to remember? He tried. If we try without worrying about what others think about us, we can tend to achieve amazing things. I hear you, “But Icarus failed!” Yes, he did fail but he tried. Isn’t it more important to try than to fail? Failure doesn’t have to be a bad thing, it can simply be a learning exper...

Leaving Life

 It's been established that I would rather die than live. It's that simple. Death Ideation is what I have. I know someday I will die, God will have to be the one to take me out of this life, because I refuse to do it myself. Suicide isn't an option for me. At one point in time, I thought it was the ideal way of leaving this life. Almost did it once but got nowhere with it. So, it's off the table. It's a terrible story that I don't tell very often, and I don't wish to tell you. So, you won't be able to read about it. God brought me into this life; God will take me out of this life.

What if there isn't a god? I mean that's quite possible. We could be believing in some nonexistent entity. A deity that doesn't exist. Now there's an interesting thought. If that's the case, who are we worshiping on Sunday? Who is it we pray to? If there's no god, then all of that is meaningless. Useless as it were. Huh, that's an interesting thought.

That line of thinking makes my stomach turn. I'd rather believe there is someone watching over us. Someone we worship and pray to. Someone who cares about our day to day lives. They don't typically respond back in the manner you would like them to. Sometimes it's a feeling. A prompting as it were. Other times it's something else. But the important part is someone is there. You are never alone.

Religion isn't high on my priority list at the moment. I'm not sure why that is. It's just a thing that happens, I guess. It would be nice if I could pick up a religion and move forward with it. I'm not saying it's out of bounds and not a possibility. It will take time to find one I can be comfortable with. Being raised Mormon, I have a difficult time choosing another religion to call my own.

Death will come for me. It is inevitable. There can be no substitute for it. It will come and when it does, I will rejoice for my time on this Earth will be over with. I won't have to suffer any longer. It will feel good to be done with this place. Some of the Earthly stressors will be gone. Worry, doubt, fear...all of those things will be a thing of the past. Even though they are currently on my mind right now, they will be eventually gone for good. I look forward to that day. I look forward to death. Again, I will not make that day come closer quicker for me than it's supposed to happen. That is a no go.

So, I will wait and see what happens with this life. How absurd can it get for me. How crazy will I get from it. So many questions I have to ask, yet no one to answer them. I suppose that will just have to do for me. If I'm unable to figure things out here, maybe in the next life I will have the time to explore and learn whatever it is that eludes me down here on Earth. There's a thought.

I can live with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...