Skip to main content

What Is In A Life?

Ever wonder what is in a life? Yeah I sure do at times. It doesn’t have to be difficult mind you, but it can be interesting. I’m not sure how to put it all at times. Life comes and goes and we are but waiting for something to happen. Again, I don’t know how that’s meant to happen or work out. It is life though, and if that’s the case? Then we have to understand and allow it to happen. We can’t live through this life wondering if what we’ve done in the past will ever be good enough. We have to understand it, grasp it, take hold of it and see everything there is to see. I don’t know how else to explain it.

Article Of Faith 5

We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

There are so many religions out there in the world. New ones popping up every day because someone isn’t pleased with the way their current leader is running things. Just because you don’t agree with what someone preaches doesn’t mean you can start up your own religion. That’s just not how things are done. You aren’t better than the leaders of the church, whatever that church is. They’re in position of authority for a reason. They have a purpose.

I’m not saying everyone in a religious position has authority. There’s probably some sort of way of discerning who has real authority from God and who doesn’t. The LDS Church claims they are the only ones on Earth who have the authority to act in God’s name and perform the life saving ordinances to get into heaven. That is a pretty bold claim to have and stand by.

And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:1

Jesus breathed on his disciples and told them to receive the Holy Ghost. He breathed on them because he was standing behind them with his hands on their heads as that is the only way a person can receive the Holy Ghost. By the laying on of hands. People get this confused a lot. They believe just by wanting something, a gift, a power, etc. They can have it. I’m sure their hearts are in the right place, but that doesn’t mean it’ll happen because they will it.

This was a big question I had on my mission. Why can’t people baptize others if their intentions are genuine? Can’t they just do it and be good? Yeah I still have concerns about that question in my mind from time to time. I believe if you are in a good place with God, you should be able to act miracles in His name. Aren’t we all children of God? Shouldn’t we all have that same access to His blessings? Some would disagree with me for that thinking and tell me I am out of line. But thinking that way doesn’t make me want to run off and create my own religion around it. I don’t want to lead other people away from the religion they are in. That would be wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.