Skip to main content

What Is In A Life?

Ever wonder what is in a life? Yeah I sure do at times. It doesn’t have to be difficult mind you, but it can be interesting. I’m not sure how to put it all at times. Life comes and goes and we are but waiting for something to happen. Again, I don’t know how that’s meant to happen or work out. It is life though, and if that’s the case? Then we have to understand and allow it to happen. We can’t live through this life wondering if what we’ve done in the past will ever be good enough. We have to understand it, grasp it, take hold of it and see everything there is to see. I don’t know how else to explain it.

Unprecitable

Life can be scary at times. I don’t know how else to say it. I hate being told what to do how to think or act given any kind of situation. But here I am with these fears that make it impossible to wind down at night. I just woke up to a loud banging from somewhere above or next to my apartment. I want to feel safe here, but now I’m not so sure if I can.

That’s what’s scary about life most times. It’s unpredictable. It would be nice to be able to try and not worry about life and all of its misconceptions. But I don’t know how to do that. Maybe I’m not meant to understand the ways of the universe as it were. Not yet at least.

If I can’t feel safe in my own home, where can I feel safe at? I’m not sure if I’ve ever felt safe in a place I’ve lived. There are too many variables that can happen. So many things that can take place. It’s down right scary at times. Yet I manage to muddle through somehow, heaven knows how I do it, but I do.

It would simply be nice if I could calm down for a moment and simply think about the possibilities of life without going into freak out mode. I’m not sure if I know how any of that’s supposed to work. Maybe someday I’ll figure it out, but that day won’t be today.

So many things in this life manage to make everything feel impossible at times. I’m not a fan of feeling that way. I like to be able to look at a situation and think hey, what can I do to make things better, and then do that thing. Perhaps that’s wishful thinking on my part, I don’t know. Hell, I’m not sure if I even know what’s real anymore. Now that’s a scary proposition.

Yet I putter around life wondering if what I’m doing will ever amount to anything. Feels like a curse most days if you ask me. To be honest, I hate it. I wish life wasn’t this way. But that’s just show this life is at times. Trust me when I say, I don’t get it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.