Skip to main content

Okay Life, You Win!

Okay life, you have been hounding me for ages to do something about you. I don’t know what to do, but I do know you won’t win in the end. I will be victorious and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are a life full of mystery and nothing else. That’s all you are. Mystery. If you wanted to be something other than mystery, you would end up being something. I don’t know what you want to be though, so go on your way and be done with it. Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be so flipping annoying all the time. You do have the opportunity to be graceful, kind, and good. But that’s up to you. Don’t come out of the woodwork simply to ignore everything else in life. You are better than that. You have to be better than that. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that way, but you can’t always be negative about it all. Life has to find a way to overcome whatever it is you want to throw out there. So don’t believe everything you hear. You know what the kicker is about life though? We d...

The Glory Of God

The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.1

God receives His glory through His children being obedient to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. The more obedient we are, the more glory god receives. Which if you think about it, if we become exulted, and have children of our own, their obedience will bring us glory in which we will glorify the Father. Feels like a never ending process.

In order to achieve the Celestial Kingdom, you have to go through the temple and obey all of those ordinances and covenants. Which means paying ten percent of your income. Feels like a pay to play kind of deal, even though they say that’s not the case. But I digress. That is a discussion for another time.

By this we understand that the principle of power, which existed in the bosom of God, by which the worlds were framed, was faith; and that it is by reason of this principle of power, existing in the Deity, that all created things exist—so that all things in heaven, on earth, or under the earth, exist by reason of faith, as it existed in HIM

Had it not been for the principle of faith the worlds would never have been framed, neither would man have been formed of the dust—it is the principle by which Jehovah works, and through which he exercises power over all temporal, as well as eternal things. Take this principle or attribute, (for it is an attribute) from the Deity and he would cease to exist.2

Okay, so that says that Faith is God’s power. Faith brings about obedience to God’s laws. This obedience brings about intelligence which brings about God’s glory. It all ties back to the same thing over and over again. If you take the time to think about it, it makes sense.

If no one believed in God, there would be no use for Him. We would find other ways to get on with life without a supreme being watching over us all. Without God we are nothing. It’s a plain and simple truth. We wouldn’t be here without God. We wouldn’t have things to strive for if there wasn’t a God. So He needs us just as we need Him. Now there’s a thought, no followers no belief system, no nothing. There would be nothing, we would be nothing. But there’s a catch to it all, we can’t be nothing for we are something. We are children of a loving Heavenly Father.

Don’t we owe it to God to follow Him? He knows what’s best for us. Old teachings have stated that God’s been through what we’re currently going through and we can become like Him. I’m not sure if that’s taught anymore to be honest. There are many teachings that have been taught in the past that no longer seem relevant to our present day. I’m not sure why that is, but it tends to happen.

What is required of men here is that they should live up to their privileges which they enjoy, fill the measure of their own creation in usefulness, and show that they are filled with the thought, which should be even present with every child of God, that we are gods in embryo, and that we must ascend from one step to another until we reach a place similar to that which our elder brother Jesus occupies, and which the great Father himself has enjoyed and does enjoy.

Is it blasphemy that the son should aspire to be like his father? Is it blasphemy to say that we are brothers of and joint heirs with Jesus Christ? And to say that we will some day be as our Heavenly Father is, creating and controlling worlds; that our posterity shall be, like the promise which was given to Abraham, as numerous as the sand upon the seashore, or as the stars of Heaven? No, it is not blasphemy. It is the aspiration that should fill every soul and that should prompt us to walk steadily forward in the way that God has marked out.3

“Gods in embryo” is an interesting way of putting it. Old teachings for the win I suppose. Like I said above, if we become like God then wouldn’t his glory be ever-increasing? Makes you think about it doesn’t it. Yeah, that’s what I was thinking for sure. Perhaps a more “recent” quote?

As God’s offspring, we have His attributes in us. We are gods in embryo, and thus have an unlimited potential for progress and attainment. (Miami, Florida, 19 March 1976.)4

What once was taught was an interesting premise. It might not be taught anymore, but it was once taught as freely and open as possible. Why hide the truth of teachings that were once taught openly? I do not understand any of it or how that could be possible. Is it considered blasphemy if we are to still believe in such teachings? I know people like to go for simpler answers. They don’t want what is considered “deep doctrine.” Well, it’s there isn’t it? I mean why else would it have been taught for so many years, just to be put down quietly? I don’t think so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.