Skip to main content

Okay Life, You Win!

Okay life, you have been hounding me for ages to do something about you. I don’t know what to do, but I do know you won’t win in the end. I will be victorious and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are a life full of mystery and nothing else. That’s all you are. Mystery. If you wanted to be something other than mystery, you would end up being something. I don’t know what you want to be though, so go on your way and be done with it. Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be so flipping annoying all the time. You do have the opportunity to be graceful, kind, and good. But that’s up to you. Don’t come out of the woodwork simply to ignore everything else in life. You are better than that. You have to be better than that. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that way, but you can’t always be negative about it all. Life has to find a way to overcome whatever it is you want to throw out there. So don’t believe everything you hear. You know what the kicker is about life though? We d...

Fatal Decisions

There are some decisions that I like to call “fatal decisions”. That is, once a decision is made it cannot be undone. It’s set in stone, and there is no going back. There’s a good example of this thought in a song lyric:

Tattoos of memories, and dead skin on trial.1

What it boils down to is this: You either make decisions in this life that have lasting consequences, or you make decisions that are temporary. These fall into two categories. “Fatal Decisions” and “Temporary Decisions”. I think it is better for us to make more Temporary Decisions. Fatal Decisions tend to be more lasting and riskier. We can back out of Temporary Decisions.

The decision to make one or the other isn’t always up to us though. It would be nice if that decision was always in our control, but life doesn’t always work out that way. Sometimes we are forced into making a Fatal Decision. There is no escape from it, and escape is something that is very tempting. We want to be able to change things in our lives. We want to go back and undo certain things. That would require a time machine, and those don’t exist.2

Living life means you must take chances and risks as it were. No matter what happens in life, there are decisions that must be made. Risk is all a part of it. There’s nothing we can do about risk. Sure, we can limit risk, but we cannot avoid risk altogether.

Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in that chair.3

So, there we have it. Life isn’t without risk as risk is a part of it. I wish I could say it was something else, anything else. But I can’t. Life doesn’t work out that way. It’s a shame, I know, but that’s how life rolls. Personally, I would love it if this life didn’t have any risks. No matter which route you decide to go on it would be okay. I suppose there would be no challenge to life if that were the case.

Life is meant to be a challenge. There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s always a challenge no matter which route you decide to take. I think that’s what makes life interesting. If there were no challenges, life would be boring. We would have nothing to strive for.

It is important to trust in the Lord.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.4

If we don’t trust in the Lord, we are going to make mistakes. Sure, mistakes come no matter what happens in life. We will make mistakes daily. But if we trust in the Lord, we can avoid making some of those mistakes. We can avoid problems in this life. I don’t know about you, but I would rather avoid problems than have to deal wtih them. The issue with avoiding problems is we don’t grow from our mistakes. Isn’t that a key point in life? To learn from the mistakes we make? I think it is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.