Skip to main content

Okay Life, You Win!

Okay life, you have been hounding me for ages to do something about you. I don’t know what to do, but I do know you won’t win in the end. I will be victorious and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are a life full of mystery and nothing else. That’s all you are. Mystery. If you wanted to be something other than mystery, you would end up being something. I don’t know what you want to be though, so go on your way and be done with it. Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be so flipping annoying all the time. You do have the opportunity to be graceful, kind, and good. But that’s up to you. Don’t come out of the woodwork simply to ignore everything else in life. You are better than that. You have to be better than that. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that way, but you can’t always be negative about it all. Life has to find a way to overcome whatever it is you want to throw out there. So don’t believe everything you hear. You know what the kicker is about life though? We d...

Hell On Earth

While there is no official verse in the Holy Bible about Hell being on Earth. It sure does feel that way at times. The struggles we face on a day-to-day basis make it feel like we are going through Hell here on Earth. It can’t be a literal Hell as i believe there is no such place. I feel Hell is a state of mind. Absence from the presence of God. Isn’t that what we’re going through in this life? We are separated from God. He isn’t here. We aren’t there. If Hell is here, Heaven sure isn’t.

After the War in Heaven 1/3rd of the hosts of heaven were cast down to Earth. That is Lucifer (aka Satan) and his followers were sent to Earth without a mortal body. Satan is miserable, he wants us all to be miserable like he is as he cannot get a body. So, if Satan and his followers are allowed to roam the Earth trying to persuade us to do evil things or things contrary to God’s will, is this not Hell?

They say Hell is a separation between you and God. There are different stages of Hell of course. A separation that exists physically and mentally. They can be conclusive if you wish. If, when we die, we are not near God and in His presence, we are truly in a state of Hell. There doesn’t seem to be a way of getting around any of that though. So here we are waiting for something to get better. I’m not sure how that’s meant to work, but if it is a thing; we must find out for ourselves how to overcome it.

They say if you’re going through Hell to keep on going. I think those are wise words. There’s no place else to go but forward. You have to keep moving. There’s a way to focus on things other than life, and these are the moments that cause us to reconsider everything all at once.

There are many things in this life that make me think and consider that life isn’t for us. I think being away from the God that gave us life is probably at the top of the list of things that feel unfair. If God wanted us to be in contact with Him, you would think He would choose another way other than prayer. Adam and Eve spoke to God face to face while within the Garden of Eden. Why is it we can’t have that same kind of experiences? We are literally cut off from God because of our wickedness.

They say if you want to talk to God you pray. If you want God to talk to you, you read the scriptures. Sometimes waiting for an answer can be hell itself. It takes a lot of patience on our part in order to get the answers we need. Not always the answers we want, but the ones we need. There’s a difference between want and need. Once we figure out that difference, the better off we become. Emotionally, spiritually, physically. You name it, it happens.

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.1

Makes sense, that quote, yes it makes perfect sense. The devil and his followers are here on Earth floating around doing heaven knows what.2 All in an attempt to destroy humankind. It’s not the best laid plan mind you. But it is a plan. All because he doesn’t have a body. He will never get a body and he must deal and live with the consequence of his actions.

The adversary will always be there to try and mess up our lives. His main goal is to make us miserable in this hell of a life. Sometimes it feels like God has abandoned us. I know this isn’t the case, that it’s just the devil trying to play tricks on my mind and it seems to work. But it won’t always work mind you. His tricks are just that, tricks. They don’t mean anything and never will.

The truth of the matter is God will never abandon us. It is we who abandon Him. He and Jesus stand with outstretched arms waiting to accept us back where we belong, no matter how far down in Hell we’ve gone. We are always welcomed back through Christ’s grace.

In any case, if we are living in Hell there is always a way out of it. We must have the courage to get through this life no matter what is thrown our direction or comes in our way. Those distractions from our main goal are nothing. We can overcome anything the adversary puts in our path to block us from happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.