Skip to main content

Okay Life, You Win!

Okay life, you have been hounding me for ages to do something about you. I don’t know what to do, but I do know you won’t win in the end. I will be victorious and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are a life full of mystery and nothing else. That’s all you are. Mystery. If you wanted to be something other than mystery, you would end up being something. I don’t know what you want to be though, so go on your way and be done with it. Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be so flipping annoying all the time. You do have the opportunity to be graceful, kind, and good. But that’s up to you. Don’t come out of the woodwork simply to ignore everything else in life. You are better than that. You have to be better than that. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that way, but you can’t always be negative about it all. Life has to find a way to overcome whatever it is you want to throw out there. So don’t believe everything you hear. You know what the kicker is about life though? We d...

Article Of Faith 3

We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

There’s a catch to the third Article of Faith. It says we are saved through Christ, but by obeying and following rules aka works. Which is kinda funny if you think about it, the bible says that we are saved through grace not works.1 If we depend on our works to get into heaven and be saved, we are boasting of our talents.

I don’t believe that we are saved by works. I believe we are saved by grace.2 Being saved by works feels like a slap to Christ and God by thinking that we can save ourselves. We cannot save ourselves no matter how hard we try.

Sure, our works and deeds we do in this life will be looked at during the final judgment. But in the end, Jesus Christ is our advocate with the Father. The Father demands justice while Christ knows the pain and anguish that we’ve gone through while living this life. This is made possible through the atonement of Christ.

Some people believe the scripture regarding “faith without works is dead”3 is talking about the same thing. Well that’s talking about faith not grace. There’s a difference between faith and grace. Faith is a belief in things where the evidence isn’t seen. Grace is something that comes from God. A gift as it were. The two are different they are not the same.

The LDS church doesn’t teach much about grace. It is a works based church believing that we have to do everything in our power to get into the Celestial Kingdom, the top tier of heaven. It’s a complex thing to understand and grasp at times.

God loves and cares for you and each one of His children. He mercifully bestows upon us divine help and assistance, which the scriptures refer to as “grace.” God’s grace is made possible because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We all fall short in our efforts to keep God’s commandments, so we do not merit or earn the gift of grace. Rather, grace is freely given by Heavenly Father, making it possible for us to receive rich blessings. When you strive to increase your faith in Jesus Christ, you will recognize countless examples of His grace and goodwill in your life.4

The way that reads to me is that grace happens during this life. Where I believe that grace happens during and after this life. It is through the atonement of Jesus Christ that we are saved and through His grace. Our works cannot save us, only His grace is mighty to save.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.