Skip to main content

Okay Life, You Win!

Okay life, you have been hounding me for ages to do something about you. I don’t know what to do, but I do know you won’t win in the end. I will be victorious and there’s nothing you can do about it. You are a life full of mystery and nothing else. That’s all you are. Mystery. If you wanted to be something other than mystery, you would end up being something. I don’t know what you want to be though, so go on your way and be done with it. Here’s the thing though, you don’t have to be so flipping annoying all the time. You do have the opportunity to be graceful, kind, and good. But that’s up to you. Don’t come out of the woodwork simply to ignore everything else in life. You are better than that. You have to be better than that. There’s nothing wrong with thinking that way, but you can’t always be negative about it all. Life has to find a way to overcome whatever it is you want to throw out there. So don’t believe everything you hear. You know what the kicker is about life though? We d...

Article Of Faith 4

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

There are four main parts to this:

  1. Faith in Jesus Christ
  2. Repentance
  3. Baptism by immersion
  4. Gift of the Holy Ghost

They all kinda make sense if you think about them, and they seem to go in order. I’m not just saying they belong together, they actually go in the order they’re listed. Some believe there’s an unofficial fifth thing we have to do in order to get back home to God. That fifth item is Enduring to the End. For the longest time, Endure to the End was the unofficial catchphrase as it were of the church. Now I think that’s changed to stay on the covenant path.

Acts 4:10-12 tells us that Jesus is the only way we can be saved. It’s through faith on Him that leads us to salvation. Don’t forget, it was Jesus that said:

… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.1

After Faith comes Repentance. It makes sense that once we have faith in Christ that we would want to repent of our sins. For it is “with his stripes we are healed.”2 Christ suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane. We owe Him our lives, literally. So why wouldn’t we want to repent of our sins? Repentance is a lifelong commitment. It’s not a one and done thing.

Next up is baptism. But it’s not just baptism. It’s specified in the LDS church that it’s by immersion. Some churches sprinkle, other churches dunk. I’m not sure if there’s a right or wrong way about it. Shouldn’t it matter where your heart is at the moment you get baptized? I mean, that’s got to count for something. In Mosiah 18 we learn about Alma baptizing Helam. Some think Alma baptized himself with Helam as they both went into the water. But others say this is not the case. I for one am not sure what’s going on there. We wash our sins away with baptism.

With those three steps accomplished, we get the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Some call this a baptism of fire.3 John baptized with water, Christ baptized with the Holy Ghost. A good example of the Holy Ghost is found in Acts 2 with the Day of Pentecost. People were filled with the Holy Ghost and heard each other speak in their own tongue.

Each of these is a stepping stone to achieve salvation and eternal life with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.