Skip to main content

Life Why Are You So Fucked Up?

Ever wonder why this life is so messed up? I sure as hell do! I don’t get it. I mean we’re here for a reason…maybe. I don’t understand anything about it though. I wish I did, it would be nice to be able to grasp something about this life and not simply expect it to be here whenever we need it to be. Yet that’s exactly what we do! We expect life to be here for us and we don’t want to give anything back, talk about an annoying thought process. But what are we going to do about it all? I don’t know. I wish I did, but there are so many things in this life that don’t quite make sense at times, and we are here trying to make sense of them all. It sucks, it really does. But what else are you supposed to do about it? I don’t know.

Peach and Sock Visit a Laundromat

While out looking for a laundry mat one day, Peach and Sock ran across two mailboxes laying in the middle of the road. Peach had never seen a mailbox before, from the outside that is... and Sock, well Sock was just preoccupied with something else at the moment, and didn't see the mailbox.

As Peach investigated one of the boxes closer, it opened and sucked both her and Sock in. Inside the box, Peach looked to Sock, who just shrugged her fuzz. At the end of the mailbox, a light appeared... Peach started to hobble towards the light. Sock tried to stop Peach, but well, ya can't do much without arms... only having a mouth. They were both sucked into the swirling light... and disappeared only to reappear in the other mailbox.

Peach looked to Sock, Sock looked to Peach. They busted up laughing, not knowing exactly what was wrong. Opening the mailbox, Peach hobbled out with Sock following her.

They continued to head down the sidewalk towards the laundry mat. Once inside, Peach grabbed Sock and threw her in the dryer for a spin... Sock sighed and watched as her world went round and round literally... after a while, she stumbled out of the dryer and walked around in a dizzy mess.

Peach sat back and grinned.

A bell sounded, and the door opened. Winkie entered the laundry mat and took a look around... grabing a nearby microphone, ('cause there's always a nearby mic right), he started singing a song...

*[Chorus:]
So am I still waiting
For this world to stop hating
Can't find a good reason
Can't find hope to believe in

Drop dead
A bullet to my head
Your words are like a gun in hand
You can't change the state of the nation
We just need some motivation

These eyes
Have seen no conviction
Just lies and more contradiction
So tell me what would you say
I'd say it's time too late....

[Chorus:]
So am I still waiting
For this world to stop hating
Can't find a good reason
Can't find hope to believe in

Ignorance
And understanding
We're the first ones to jump in line
Out of step for what we believe in
But who's left to stop the bleeding

How far
Will we take this
It's not hard to see through the fakeness
So tell me what would you say
I'd say it's time too late

[Chorus]

This can't last forever
Time won't make things better
I feel so alone
Can't help myself
And no one knows
If this is worthless, tell me so

What have we done
with a war that can't be won
This can't be real
Cause I don't know what to feel

[Chorus:]
So am I still waiting
For this world to stop hating
Can't find a good reason
Can't find hope to believe

So am I still waiting
For this world to stop hating
Can't find a good reason
For this world to BELIEVE

After Winkie's lament, he exited the laundry mat... leaving Peach and Sock standing there going WTF?

* Still Waiting - Words and Music by Sum 41

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...