They say when life gives you lemons to make lemonade. Well if you happen to have something else to put in it? I’d say to add it right away. You never know what it will taste like. It might be something quite delicious. Oh yeah, make it good and see what’s out there for it. Never underestimate that which you are able to figure out for yourself. If you can’t do it, you have to be able to try and figure out a different way. Then you can do whatever you need to do and be happy with that thought process. If by chance, this life doesn’t get figured out then it will have to become something else. Whatever the case, if the lemonade doesn’t hold…you can’t do anything about it. That’s just how it works most days.
Ah the sock puppet. Where to begin where to begin. I suppose it all started in another life. 1910 to be exact. I was a shoeshine boy on the corner of 5th and Broadway. Well, one day as I was shining a fella's shoes, instead of paying me he gave me a sock puppet. Yep, I got a used sock puppet. He had said she always brought him luck, so I took it, cursed at the guy for not giving me money and went on my way. He was the last shoe shine of the day.
Well I tell ya, that sock puppet wouldn't keep quiet. She was always talking about this that and the other. Her stories never got old though, yep she had dreams of moving overseas and seeing the world. Well, being a sock puppet, she could never get over there. Poor lass. But she did keep me company on those lonely nights when I had no one to talk to.
Now Peach, the Jelly Bean. Well, that's an even longer story... we'll get to that one in a moment or two... :-)
Well I tell ya, that sock puppet wouldn't keep quiet. She was always talking about this that and the other. Her stories never got old though, yep she had dreams of moving overseas and seeing the world. Well, being a sock puppet, she could never get over there. Poor lass. But she did keep me company on those lonely nights when I had no one to talk to.
Now Peach, the Jelly Bean. Well, that's an even longer story... we'll get to that one in a moment or two... :-)
Comments
Post a Comment