Skip to main content

Anxious Today, WTF?

I am rather anxious today. I think it has to do with the medication(s) I am on at the moment. Doctor changed some medications, added some, did some other things put me back on medications I haven’t been on in a while…the same ol’ same ol’. Anti-Psychotic meds work wonders when they work, they’re amazing. When your mind doesn’t want them to work? Well, that’s when things become quite a problem. I hate to admit it, but life doesn’t always work the way we want it to work. What can I say? It’s a mess at times. There’s nothing wrong with that, but to say it’s not complex is a complete overhaul of whatever there is. Talk about a mixed bag of nuts. Someone doesn’t understand everything there is to understand about it all. If I wasn’t anxious, today would be a better day than it is. But, well I am so there’s nothing I can do about it. I wish there was…but there isn’t so I’ll just have to deal with whatever comes my way. Such a bummer if you think about it all. Nothing is ever cureable. Every...

SGU: Human

In the latest episode, we get some nice character development in regards to Dr. Rush. Actually we're inside his mind for the majority of the episode. You see, he's hooked himself up to the chair that's on the ship... hopefully to find a way to control the thing. Very nice episode. I highly enjoyed this one.

You also get to see what was going on in his life before the whole Stargate thing entered it. Complete with a cameo from Dr. Daniel Jackson. That was a nice touch. His wife has cancer, and in this version of things, he's not paying attention to her... because he's already lived it. Makes you wonder... how he handled things before? I'd like to believe that he took care of her, was by her side etc.

Anywho, during the whole episode... the thing he keeps pushing away is the key to it all. There are 46 chromosomes in the human genome... that is the key to guiding the ship and making it do whatever they want. Rather amusing if you ask me. Wait a second.... I thought there were 23? Now I'm confused... I'll have to re-watch the episode.

The sub plot. Okay, so they come across a planet with ancient ruins. The team that goes gets stuck and the ship has to leave. It's now up to Rush in the coming weeks to find a way to turn the ship around to pick them up... or... hey they have Stargates on the planets right? Hmmm could they I don't know perhaps go planet hopping hoping to find that Destiny is near by? Oh yes, that would rock.

We'll see how this pans out. It's picking up speed again... should prove interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

ColdFusion

So recently, I decided to include ColdFusion in my Linux setup. I was going to just run Tomcat and install CF that way, but well I decided against that route and installed ColdFusion 9 using the regular methods. It's been running quite smoothly if I do say so myself. I of course don't have the installation instructions anymore. Oops. I suppose I could Google for them again and make a copy or something. But well if my server ever crashes and I have to start all over again, yeah I'll worry aobut it then. FOr now, not so much. So here's my current setup: MySQL PHP Perl ColdFusion 9 Yeah something like that. Not too bad if I do say so myself. Of course what else would I say about it? You know I wouldn't ever say anything bad about my own server setup. Well unless I already have, if that's the case. Oops. Disregard that blog post. So yep, I think I'll have some fun with all of that for sure.