Skip to main content

Why Must Life Be This Way

If there’s one thing I don’t quite understand about this life, is why must it be this way? I mean, we have to deal with some things in life and we cannot easily allow them to be what they want to be, at least I don’t think that’s how it works. If it did? Then everything would be fine, we could continue on about whatever we wanted to do and there would be no harm or foul. That’s the problem with this life though. Nothing ever fully makes sense at times and we are left holding the problem end of the cord. There are times when life will come clean with us, we don’t always get that kind of protection mind you. So what do we end up doing? Do we want to keep thinking and going on about whatever there is to go on about? I’m not sure that’s a safe course of action. Hell, what is safe anymore? I do not know. What I do know is life will continue to be the way it’s meant to be. There’s no stopping it. No matter what happens in this life, we will always be stuck with whatever we’re meant to be st...

It's Not Easy

 Life doesn't feel easy at times. I don't know how else to explain it. It's just life, I mean what else is there to it? Well, there appears to be a lot to it that I don't understand. I wish I understood it all, but I doubt that will be a possibility. Let's face it, life can be difficult.

So many things to wish for and believe in, yet I'm not quite the believing type. I know that's on me, and I need to be better at that. I need to believe in some kind of supreme being of sorts. That they have my best interests at heart and all of that. But it's difficult to do when you can't see them. Can't talk to them. Can't hear them etc. I need something physical I can actually touch, and I don't have that.

I've prayed about it a lot and I don't think prayer is working out for me. Maybe meditation would work out better, I don't know. Maybe religion just isn't for me. But if there is a chance that there is a God, He wouldn't be down for that now would he. No, I didn't think so. That's what makes it difficult.

Either there is a God who is directing everything in the universe or there isn't one. If there isn't one and we're all just piddling around down here. Then great. Nothing changes. But on the off chance there is one? There will be hell to pay when the end time comes.

That's what I'm afraid of the most. Not knowing. They say to have faith and all of that. How can I have faith when my logical brain is telling me no. Do you see the problem I am facing? It always comes back to the same question. Is there a God or not. I thought I knew. Now I'm not so sure. I don't want to offend Him if He does exist naturally. I hope He would understand my confusion at this time in my life. If He doesn't understand? Well, that's a pickle now isn't it.

So many things to wish for, so many things to hope for. Either they are true, or they are not. There is no middle ground. I feel lost at times. So lost and there's nothing I am able to do about it. It would be nice to be able to figure it all out once and for all and to stick to that plan. I don't know how to do that. What if the way I choose is the wrong way? Will I be happy with my choices? If I just live a good life, is that enough? I don't have a clue.

Not having a clue can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. You simply can't have all the answers all of the time. So, if that happens then you'll have something to think about. Yeah, it goes something like that. I'm not sure if that's even the right wording for any of it, but that's just how it is.

I wonder if there's something out there that will tell me the answers I want to know. If that being is God? Then I sure hope He'll do it one of these days.

That's just life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...