Skip to main content

Why Must Life Be This Way

If there’s one thing I don’t quite understand about this life, is why must it be this way? I mean, we have to deal with some things in life and we cannot easily allow them to be what they want to be, at least I don’t think that’s how it works. If it did? Then everything would be fine, we could continue on about whatever we wanted to do and there would be no harm or foul. That’s the problem with this life though. Nothing ever fully makes sense at times and we are left holding the problem end of the cord. There are times when life will come clean with us, we don’t always get that kind of protection mind you. So what do we end up doing? Do we want to keep thinking and going on about whatever there is to go on about? I’m not sure that’s a safe course of action. Hell, what is safe anymore? I do not know. What I do know is life will continue to be the way it’s meant to be. There’s no stopping it. No matter what happens in this life, we will always be stuck with whatever we’re meant to be st...

God Speaks

 I was sitting there the other day, and I swear I heard the words of God in my mind. Like the almighty was talking directly to me. Now I know God speaks to people through scripture and whatnot but not in their minds. So that's got to be something my mind made up right? I mean what else could it be. There doesn't seem to be much of anything else that's going on in my head for it to be anything else.

I hate it when my mind makes things up like this. I so honestly would like for some stronger power to actually speak to me and when I think it happens, it's just my mind playing tricks on me. Yeah, it's a letdown for sure. I don't have any other way of putting it. It's just a letdown.

So, I'll continue living my life pretending that didn't happen. That's all I really can do. There's not much else to do about it but wonder and wait to see what actually happens at the end of one's life. I wish it was simpler than that, but it's not. What more do you want from any of this life? Is there such a thing that makes sense? I highly doubt it.

Nothing in this life makes sense anymore. Nothing really matters and here I am just turning my wheels hoping that something better will come along. If I sound mad? I am. There's no easy way to put that. I am just mad at life right now. Nothing more nothing less. That's how this life feels to me, and I feel like being angry with it. Is that okay for you? If it's not? Well, you know where the door is.

People get sick I understand that. But when it's someone you love, you don't expect them to actually get sick. They're your world. They're important to you and there's nothing you can do about it but hold on and wait for something to come along that will fix it all. Sometimes that fix is death. I don't want to think about that right this moment. Death is so permeant.

My dad passed away seven months ago. I can't have my mom passing away this soon too. It would feel wrong on so many levels. I know she wants to be with my dad so much. I get that. I want to be with him too, but I need her to stick around a bit longer. Is that selfish of me? You better believe it is. Do I care? No, not really.

I've been asking God why He has to be taking people I care about out of my life. So far, I haven't gotten an answer. To be honest, it's starting to tick me off. But I know I can't be upset about it all. That's just how this life goes, and no amount of praying is going to change any of it.

So, I will allow life to be what it is and stick it out as best I can. If something is meant to be it will be. If it's meant to be something else, it will be something else. That's really all there is to it. Do I have to like it? Nope. But I have to live with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...