Skip to main content

Life Matters

Look, I know it’s not always that simple to say that something matters. I get it. It’s not something we simply say out of convenience, or out of duty. If something really matters we have to allow it to matter. It has to be something we are able to take care of. That’s the purpose of it all, whatever happens in this life it has to have a purpose. Simply because life ends, doesn’t make it right. The funny thing about this life is, when it matters it really matters. That’s simply how it’s meant to be. I don’t have a good example in my head right now of how it’s meant to work. A shame, I know. But if I did? I would totally say it outloud for everyone to hear. Unfortunately most of it would fall on deaf ears. If everything comes down to it, there doesn’t appear to be anything I can do about it. I wish there were. But if we’re being serious here, life will find a way to do whatever it wants to do and everything else will be destroyed at will. Being destroyed doesn’t have to be a bad thing ...

School Daze

"Cadet Burke!"


John Burke stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face his instructor. "Sir." He said.


Commander Jacobson handed the cadet a padd. "Your latest results on your last conn test." He said allowing John to look over his scores. "I'm not impressed cadet" he continued while folding his arms.


John looked over the report. It was true, his latest Starship Flight Simulation hadn't gone quite by the book. "Sir, if this has to do with the Simulator Room being in shambles.."


Jacobson shook his head. "No no, we've seen much worse. I'm just concerned about your progress. If your scores continue to be like this, you'll be washed out next year."


John nodded as he handed the padd back. "Yes sir, I know sir."


"I want to see you succeed cadet." Jacobson admited "You have greatness within you, I can feel it; and if you want to be a captain someday, you're going to have to get through all of this."


Burke was shocked, he hadn't told anyone of his dreams of being a captain let alone the command division. "Sir? How did you know sir?"


The instructor just smiled. "Oh I can tell. But that's not important. You keep your nose clean you hear?" With that he walked away.


Burke stood there with a slight smirk on his face and thought about what his teacher had just told him. It was true, if he wanted to get through his Starfleet Career in one piece, he would have to get through his core curriculum. He continued walking to his next class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.