Skip to main content

The Thoughts That Enter My Mind

Today is nothing but a bowl of trouble it feels like. I don’t know how else to put it. I mean, do we really have to figure out why life is weird? I don’t think so. It’s annoying at best, sure, but that doesn’t mean we have to figure it all out in one go now does it? No, I didn’t think so. If life had a reason to be this way, I’m sure we’d be able to figure something out. But since we don’t have that ability, we are kind of left to our own devices and that isn’t always a good thing. The thoughts that enter my mind at times, they aren’t the best. They can come and go, and sometimes they’ll never leave. It’s a shame if you ask me. But what do I know about it? That’s the thing, I don’t.

Death of Mom and Dad

"Ready weapons." The scruffed voice of a Romulan said. "Fire." Johnny Burke watched as two officers from the Cargo Freighter Apollo were vaporized. He clutched onto his mom's hand harder for support. Being only six years of age, Johnny couldn't understand why the Romulans would kill such innocent people. Luckly their deaths were quick... he didn't know if they were painless. Of course Johnny didn't know what real pain was until he had been captured.


He had been in his parent's quarters, playing with a small shuttle that his grandparents had given him. He didn't remember the alert klaxon going off, everything happened too quickly. Before waking in the Romulan holding cell, the last thing Johnny remembered was his mom taking him to the nearest escape hatch.


Johnny and his mom had only been in the escape pod for maybe ten minutes when they were transported aboard the Romulan ship. Upon waking, from what his mom had called fainting, Johnny was laying in the arms of his father. Johnny's father had tried to comfort him, but it didn't manage to do any good. He could tell that something was wrong, and that something even worse was about to happen.


"Next." The Romulan Commander's voice brought Johnny's memories back to his present state.


He watched as his parents were forced by guards to line up against a wall. Johnny tried to run to his parent's defense, but was held by one of the Romulan officers.


"Not so fast pup." The Romulan officer said. 'Pup' was his pet name for the boy. Johnny didn't like the nickname and he even disliked the officer even more.


"Ready your weapons." The Commander again called. Three officers stood before John and Kathy Burke with their weapons pointed at the two.


"Fire." As the green beams of light reached their targets with dead accuracy, Johnny's parents fell to the deck.


"No!" Johnny yelled out. His cry echoed through the room. He too fell to the deck, but his falling was in remorse for his parents death. The Romulan officer that had been holding him reached down to grab Johnny up from the deck when his commanding officer spoke.


"No, I'll take care of him." The Romulan Commander picked up Johnny from the deck. Johnny of course started to kick and try to get free from the commander, but was unable to. The Romulan Commander took Johnny out into the corridor. As they walked, the commander talked to Johnny.


"I know how difficult this is for you." The man said. "I too had to watch as my parents were executed by the Federation."


Johnny didn't say a word. He kept replaying the images of his parents death over and over again in his mind.


After about five minutes, they stopped at a large door. Johnny didn't recognize the door. The Romulan didn't make a move. He just stood there in front of the door. "I could get in a lot of trouble for doing this." He said to himself. The commander punched in a command sequence into a nearby padd. The doors opened.


Johnny looked before him. It was a large hanger full of shuttles. He had only seen a room like that in diagrams of the cargo ship he had been on. He simply stood in awe with tears still running down his cheeks.


The Romulan looked to Johnny and then led him over to a small escape pod. "This will take you back to Federation space." He paused, "Remember this day Human. Not all Romulan's are evil."


Three hours later, Johnny's escape pod crossed into Federation territory and picked up by a Federation Starship. Johnny was now safe, and on his way to recovery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Battlestar Galactica

 Been watching BSG a bit. I'm currently in Season 4, just started it. I love this show. It is a fine piece of work, that's for sure. Kara came back from the dead it appears. That was kind of nuts, but I accepted it. Lee freaked out about that, hell everyone freaked out when she came back. Is she the final Cylon? Well, I've seen the whole series, so I know the answer to that. We know there are four Cylon's in hiding for now. Pretty interesting choice of people to make Cylons though. Fun back story behind one of them, the chief. But you can look that story up. Kara's been to Earth. She claims she's only been gone for a handful of hours, but it's been months. So, who knows where she's been exactly. It would be nice if the show explained where she was. Well, I guess they do, at the end of the show they reveal she was an angel or something like that. She manages to help them get to Earth though, so that's all nice and good. But starting with Season 4, Bal...