If a person were to look at you today, what would they say? It can’t be that dangerous of a question, now, can it? No I don’t think so. Life has a way with making us overcome whatever it is that is a challenge to us. That doesn’t mean we don’t have to face the challenges, we have to go through them for sure. But we don’t have to do it alone. Talk about a relief. I wish I could explain it all out to you, but I don’t know how to go about doing that. It’s life. There doesn’t appear to be a simple way of making it simply work out at times. We’re screwed in that fashion. Lost at sea as it were. But, if we can get past it all, or through it all, we have an opportunity to be better than we currently are. Now that’s a good thought process isn’t it? I think it is. There’s a lot of things I like to think, but I don’t know how to think about them. They tend to come and go and there’s nothing I cam do about it. So I sit and wait until something better happens to me in life. I just hope it doesn’...
This database program is simple, it uses the sqlite jar for connecting to the SQLite database.
It can store a file's text in a database, update that text, and extract that text back out to it's original file name.
It's pretty quick and dirty. There might be better ways to handle some of it, but I just wanted to make sure it would do what I wanted it to do.
import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;
import java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets;
import java.nio.file.Files;
import java.nio.file.Path;
import java.nio.file.Paths;
public class Sample {
private Connection conn = null;
public Sample() {
}
public void init() {
try {
String url = "jdbc:sqlite:sample.db";
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
} catch (SQLException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
public void saveData(String filename) {
try {
String fileContent = new String(Files.readAllBytes(Paths.get(filename)));
String sql = "insert into files(name, content) values(?,?)";
PreparedStatement pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
pstmt.setString(1, filename);
pstmt.setString(2, fileContent);
pstmt.executeUpdate();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (SQLException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
public void updateData(String filename) {
try {
String fileContent = new String(Files.readAllBytes(Paths.get(filename)));
String sql = "update files set content = ? where name = ?";
PreparedStatement pstmt = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
pstmt.setString(1, fileContent);
pstmt.setString(2, filename);
pstmt.executeUpdate();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (SQLException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
public void exportData(String id) {
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
String sql = "select * from files where id = ?";
ResultSet rs = null;
try {
PreparedStatement pst = conn.prepareStatement(sql);
pst.setString(1, id);
rs = pst.executeQuery();
while (rs.next()) {
Path path = Paths.get(rs.getString("name"));
Files.writeString(path, rs.getString("content"), StandardCharsets.UTF_8);
}
} catch (SQLException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
} catch (IOException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}
public static void main(String[] args) {
if (args.length != 2) {
System.err.println("ERROR: You must provide two arguments.");
System.err.println("insert or update");
System.err.println("filename to insert or update");
return;
}
Sample sample = new Sample();
sample.init();
if (args[0].equals("insert")) {
sample.saveData(args[1]);
} else if (args[0].equals("update")) {
sample.updateData(args[1]);
} else if (args[0].equals("export")) {
sample.exportData(args[1]);
}
}
}
Comments
Post a Comment