Skip to main content

If I Could Reach The Sky

Do you ever wonder what would happen if you could reach the sky? Yeah I do at times. We know what happened to Icarus when he flew too close to the Sun. His wings made of wax melted and he fell to the Earth. Now this of course is Greek Mythology, I’m not sure how much of it is real. If the myth is real, then man cannot fly that close to the Sun without getting burned. If it is indeed just a myth and not real, then there is nothing to worry about. I fear that some of us try to do things that we are not in control over our lives or destiny, that’s what it feels like at times. But what are we meant to think of that? I’m not sure. Whatever the case, Icarus tried and failed. But the thing to remember? He tried. If we try without worrying about what others think about us, we can tend to achieve amazing things. I hear you, “But Icarus failed!” Yes, he did fail but he tried. Isn’t it more important to try than to fail? Failure doesn’t have to be a bad thing, it can simply be a learning exper...

Thinking About Life

Everything becomes a realism at some point or another. No one decides what you wish to believe or want to understand. That is up to you. To want to believe in something takes courage. To want to understand what that belief is? Even more courage. What it all takes is courage to see the truth in something no matter what.

There are times when we do not want to see the truth. We want to hide from it all. Kept safe in the world we created for ourselves. That peace of mind upon which we have the ability to stand.

So, what’s the point of it all if we know the truth and yet we cannot accept the truth for what it is? Makes you wonder what this life is all about sometimes. What point is any of it? Are there times when we wish the truth wouldn’t be known? Sure. But when millions believe in something, trust something, hold onto something they’ve been taught their whole life…where does that leave the truth? How does that lead them into a righteous cause? Doesn’t make sense does it.

What do you do with the knowledge that you retain. How much of that knowledge is good for you vs how much is bad. So many questions that occur and come up because you do not know left from right. Up from down. Life is but a limbo position constantly telling you where to go brining you down to some misery.

Either way, this life continues to drag people away from their current location and down into the depths of a sea. Never knowing where they will surface, if they will surface. At which point do you realize all that is going on and toss it aside as though it were nothing? Life is just that crazy.

Nah, thinking through things from time to time doesn’t fully make it all better. There are times which make these thoughts even worse. Something much different than how they are or will become. We all must find a way to become better than what we are at this present moment. Words on a page cannot do justice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...