Ever wonder why this life is so messed up? I sure as hell do! I don’t get it. I mean we’re here for a reason…maybe. I don’t understand anything about it though. I wish I did, it would be nice to be able to grasp something about this life and not simply expect it to be here whenever we need it to be. Yet that’s exactly what we do! We expect life to be here for us and we don’t want to give anything back, talk about an annoying thought process. But what are we going to do about it all? I don’t know. I wish I did, but there are so many things in this life that don’t quite make sense at times, and we are here trying to make sense of them all. It sucks, it really does. But what else are you supposed to do about it? I don’t know.
In an interview
with Larry King, President Gordon B. Hinckley had some things to say
about people who speak out against the church:
LK: Are people ever thrown out of your church?
GBH: Yes.
LK: For?
GBH: Doing what they shouldn't do, preaching false doctrine, speaking
out publicly. They can carry all the opinion they wish within their
heads, so to speak, but if they begin to try to persuade others, then
they may be called in to a disciplinary council. We don't
excommunicate many, but we do some.
So people can have
all the thoughts they wish, but they cannot publicly speak out
against the church publicly. It’s an interesting thought to be
sure. But aren’t we told that we have to watch our thoughts
regarding things? That God knows our thoughts and because of this, we
will be judged according to those thoughts? So in reality, we can’t
have those thoughts...or shouldn’t rather. It doesn’t matter if a
person has thoughts or not. If they are against the church, they are
wrong. Isn’t that what we were taught?
Comments
Post a Comment