Skip to main content

Life Matters

Look, I know it’s not always that simple to say that something matters. I get it. It’s not something we simply say out of convenience, or out of duty. If something really matters we have to allow it to matter. It has to be something we are able to take care of. That’s the purpose of it all, whatever happens in this life it has to have a purpose. Simply because life ends, doesn’t make it right. The funny thing about this life is, when it matters it really matters. That’s simply how it’s meant to be. I don’t have a good example in my head right now of how it’s meant to work. A shame, I know. But if I did? I would totally say it outloud for everyone to hear. Unfortunately most of it would fall on deaf ears. If everything comes down to it, there doesn’t appear to be anything I can do about it. I wish there were. But if we’re being serious here, life will find a way to do whatever it wants to do and everything else will be destroyed at will. Being destroyed doesn’t have to be a bad thing ...

Article of Faith 2

We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

The second Article of Faith clearly states that we don’t believe in original sin. Original sin, is the sin which Adam and Eve committed in the Garden of Eden. That is, hearkening unto Satan and eating of the fruit. In turn, we are only responsible for the sins which we commit here in our own lives. Seems nice for sure, don’t have to be held to another person’s sins to dictate our lives.

Well...that’s not the whole truth though.

You see, in November of 2015 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints included some things in their Official Handbook of Instructions (Handbook One) redefining apostasy. It included in that definition that members in homosexual relationships would be declared in apostasy. (It’s okay to have the thoughts, just don’t act on them.)

It also changed a few things around for children of those same sex couples. Children who have two parents who are the same sex, cannot be baptized at the age of eight. Thus they are being punished for the “sins” of their parents...which appears to go against the 2nd Article of Faith.

Adam is our first parent, those to whom we are direct descents of are our biological parents. Either way, we shouldn’t be judged for either of their sins. Like the story of the blind man in the New Testament of the Bible. The Savior’s disciples asked who had sinned the man or his parents that he had been born blind. The Savior’s response was that neither had sinned. It wasn’t his or his parents fault that he was born blind.

Should not this be the case with children who are born to same sex couples? People should be allowed to love each other no matter their gender. Didn’t God teach love? Didn’t Jesus teach that we should love everyone no matter what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Schizoaffective Disorder

I want to say it first began in High School when I thought I was trying to beat the devil. Now when I say I was "trying to beat the devil", I mean I actually thought I was hearing the devil speak to me at night and that I had to find some way to overcome him. Looking back I should have sought professional help then. I remember telling a friend about this experience, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Talk about craziness right? Yeah something like that. I believe my first mental break was when I was serving a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints . I wanted to go home so bad. It could have just been homesickness . But...there was something more to it. About halfway through I was just done with it all. I had had enough of rejection and wanted to go home. But I was afraid that I was unable to because I would simply be told no . I know that sounds silly to people. But that's what happened. I didn't b...

Smallville Season 4 Episode 1

Okay, so I’m starting Season 4 and am on Episode 1. We meet Lois Lane, that’s Chloe’s cousin. She comes to Smallville to try and track down what happened to Chloe. Meanwhile, Clark comes falling out of the sky in a bolt of lightning. Yup he’s naked in a cornfield. On top of that he has amnesia. Yeah … Clark doesn’t remember who he is. Later on he thinks he’s Kal-El, even goes flying after some kind of crystal Lex has. But his mom brings him back down to Earth, literally as he was seen flying earlier in the episode. Good ol’ Black Kryptonite given to her by Margot Kidder, who played the original Lois Lane in the Superman movies. (I love how this show brings in guest stars like this.) So Clark is back to normal and he remembers flying, saying it was “awesome.” His dad wakes up from his coma and Lois tries to forge a connection with the Kents so she can hopefully find something out about her cousin Chloe’s death. Yeah I enjoyed the season opener. Can’t wait to see what happens in this...

Didn't Sleep

 What's the point of sleep anymore if I can't sleep? I don't think I slept any good last night. I was awake at 3 am wondering to myself, what on earth am I doing awake? Yeah, that happened. It doesn't make any sense. Fortunately, it's the weekend. So, I can catch up on sleep tonight. I don't have to be anywhere tomorrow, so it's a good opportunity to actually sleep for once. Whatever the case, I hope I'll be able to fall asleep and stay asleep. We will see what happens.